Who said you can't be proud to be a quitter?
We're officially in October meaning it's nearly Halloween, only TWO months until Christmas and also the return of Go Sober for October.
Going sober encourages you to go booze-free for all 31 days of October to raise money for Macmillan. After a boozy Freshers Week, this could be exactly the detox you need.
Here are just some of the benefits and things you definitely won't miss:
- The most obvious but important one, you'll save yourself a lot of money! It's no secret how expensive alcohol can be so 31 days without it will make your bank account look a lot healthier.
- Nobody enjoys waking up after a night out with no memory of what they did even though everyone is telling you, "you were hilarious last night" - cringe.
- Can you imagine a whole month hangover free? You will wake up feeling fresh as a daisy whilst the rest of your mates are hibernating in bed all day and feeling pretty rough.
- Now that you aren't drunk at the end of the night, you won't be at all interested in a greasy kebab on the way home. Instead, you can just go home to your cosy bed and eat a nice breakfast in the morning.
- Nobody likes getting alcohol stains on your clothes from spending too much time around drunk people. The time when someone dropped a blue WKD on your favourite top is still a touchy subject. Maybe miss the club night this week!
- Alcohol isn't the healthiest drink in the world so after you've indulged in a bit too much, being out of breath after the tiniest bit of exercise isn't great.
- No more drunk-dialling your ex - now that's a relief. It's a stupid thing we always think is a good idea when we've had a drink but you can't imagine worse than doing it sober.